Reporting to the Senior HR Advisor, the Receptionist/Administrator will be responsible for providing a professional, welcoming and informative reception service for clients, staff and visitors.
- Maintain a professional approach with a positive attitude
- Ensure daily organisation, cleanliness and safety of reception area
- Control the telephone system to answer, screen and forward incoming calls
- Ensure the switchboard is covered at all the times and arrange cover as required
- Meet and greet clients, visitors and guests and arrange refreshments
- Utilise meeting room calendar to book meeting rooms
- Setting up rooms for client’s meetings
- Update visitor management system and pre-book visitors
- Prepare post for collection
- Receive, open and distribute all incoming post and direct to the appropriate individuals daily
- Arrange courier deliveries and collections as requested
- Support travel booking process when necessary
- Monitor, maintain and order stationary for relevant departments
- Any other administration duties as required
- Work with the wider McAvoy team to effectively represent and grow the business and contribute to the culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Carry out other duties that are consistent with the job holder’s knowledge and skills to assist the company in achieving its goals and objectives
This role description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Receptionist. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals.
- Excellent administration skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Able to work independently, or as part of a team, with minimum of supervision
- Confident working on their own initiative and as a team member, meeting deadlines and demonstrating a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- The successful candidate will be based full time in our Lisburn office
- Leadership Skills: Communicates and gains team commitment, able to motivate colleagues and others and provide direction and vision.
- Effective Communication Skills: Able to maintain and manage communication links with a variety of stakeholders. Presents a professional image and promotes the McAvoy brand.
- External Focus: Takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of the McAvoy team and other stakeholders.
- Influencing: Identifies and builds relationships with those who are influencers and enablers for change in achieving the strategic objectives of McAvoy.
- Initiative: Able to get results in an effective way, either individually or collectively as a team. Understands and seeks to minimise waste in resources and processes. Adopts and encourages others to adopt new ways of working.
- Team Player: Always willing to be involved in other activities to achieve company objectives. Works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues. Demonstrates honesty, loyalty, and commitment.
McAvoy is an employer of choice for people from different backgrounds and seeks to promote respect for the individual and equality of opportunity. We passionately believe that everyone should be treated solely on the basis of personal merit and contribution throughout their career with the Company. The diversity of our people, their skills and abilities are the strengths that help us achieve our best.
To apply for this position click here, application deadline is 28th of September.