Reporting to the Manufacturing Quality Manager, the Quality Assurance Engineer will work alongside the manufacturing team to improve operational performance and will be responsible for supporting the Quality Inspectors in monitoring the manufacturing and the assembly processes, ensuring that products conform to drawing requirements, defined specifications, industry standards and customer expectations.
- Establish/support quality policies and procedures that are followed throughout the business that contribute to consistent high-class performance in all areas.
- Develop, promote and lead continuous improvement activities.
- Provide support and assistance to manufacturing in development and execution of corrective actions.
- Lead and support Problem Solving Activities (3C, 8D’s, A3’s) focusing on identifying the root cause(s) and defining containment and permanent corrective actions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Proactively support the resolution of Non-Conformance Reports in a timely and efficient manner as well as supporting dispositions and reviews of non-conforming products.
- Responsible for raising Supplier Corrective Actions and liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors ensuring quality of products and services meet drawing requirements and specifications.
- Ensure customer (Internal and External) satisfaction are the focus of continuous improvement.
- Develop the quality standards, inspection guidelines and in-process inspections for new projects and or platforms, and work with the Manufacturing, Design and Contracts teams to achieve agreement and sign off ahead of commencing production.
- Support the production readiness process as part of a cross functional team to ensure the required quality standard can be achieved on a consistent basis.
- Develop and monitor quality KPI’s and initiate improvement plans when appropriate.
- Ensure quality and delivery targets are met and parts/assemblies are processed according to business requirements.
- Performing detailed analysis and interpretation of quality data. Preparing quality reports and trend analysis.
- Lead/participate in quality system and/or process audits.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, focusing on the effectiveness of the in-process quality checks, as well as overall QMS compliance to ISO 9001 requirements.
- Clear communication (both verbally and orally) to all levels within the organisation on quality related topics.
- Work with the wider McAvoy Team to effectively represent and grow the business and contribute to the culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment, ensuring compliance with SHEQ Policies and Procedures
- Carry out other duties that are consistent with the job holder’s knowledge and skills to assist the company in achieving its goals and objectives.
This role description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for Quality Assurance Engineer. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant engineering discipline and a minimum of 1 year’s relevant Quality or engineering experience
- Higher level qualification, such as HNC/HND, in a relevant discipline and 2+ years relevant Quality or engineering experience
- 3+ year’s relevant Quality Engineering or engineering experience.
- Have experience of using continuous improvement & problem-solving tools/techniques/Frameworks (e.g: 3C, 8D’s, A3’s, Process Mapping, PFMEA, APQP)
- Be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and standards.
- The applicant must have good communication skills, both oral and written. Must be capable of communicating quality and engineering issues to all levels of factory employees.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including developing documents and reports in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team, with minimum of supervision.
- Must be detail orientated with a logical approach to their work.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- 3 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in volumetric modular manufacturing and/or construction.
- Possess a strong understanding of ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
McAvoy is an employer of choice for people from different backgrounds and seeks to promote respect for the individual and equality of opportunity. We passionately believe that everyone should be treated solely on the basis of personal merit and contribution throughout their career with the Company. The diversity of our people, their skills and abilities are the strengths that help us achieve our best.
To join our winning team and find out why we are an employer of choice please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org