The Multi Skilled Engineer will be responsible for undertaking planned and reactive maintenance tasks and installation work.
The individual will work as part of the maintenance team and must demonstrate a sound knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems. You will have the ability to work on your own initiative and improve efficiency.
The Multi Skilled Engineer role:
• Work effectively as part of the MR&S maintenance team to ensure timescales for completing work are achieved and quality standards are met.
• Provide excellent levels of customer service to ensure continual development of customer relationships
• Assist with the Installation of modular buildings
• Refurbishment and maintenance of modular buildings.
• Undertake maintenance work within Manufacturing facility when required.
• Work with the wider McAvoy Team to effectively represent and grow the business and contribute to the culture of innovation and continuous improvement
• Promote and ensure a safe working environment, ensuring compliance with SHEQ Policies and Procedures
• Carry out other duties that are consistent with the job holder’s knowledge and skills to assist the company in achieving its goals and objectives
This role description is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for the Multi Skilled Engineer. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder at regular intervals.
• Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate general maintenance skills
• Possess a current clean driving licence.
• The ability to work alone off-site attending maintenance breakdowns. This may require working hours outside of normal working hours and may on occasion include weekend work
• Joinery skills are essential
• Basic plumbing/electrical (pre-delivery electrical testing and recording of information) / painting skills would be an advantage.
• Practical experience of health and safety
• Good written and verbal communication skills. This will enable the successful candidate to keep accurate written reports of work undertaken and to verbally respond to all works including updates with the central office team.
• Flexibility is required in this role as it requires maintenance and refurbishment of modules both on and off site
MULTI SKILLED ENGINEER
Qualifications & Training
➢ Relevant CSR Card (advantageous)
➢ Emergency First Aid Training (advantageous)
➢ Leadership Skills: Communicates and gains team commitment to a vision, able to motivate colleagues and others and provide direction and vision.
➢ Effective Communication Skills: Able to communicate well with a variety of audiences, presents a professional image and promotes the brand.
➢ External Focus: Takes time to question and understand the real, underlying needs of the customer, the public, the supply chain, and other project stakeholders.
➢ Influencing: Ability to convince others, gain agreement and acceptance of team plans and activities
➢ Initiative: Develops new insights into situations. Encourages new ideas. Able to get results either individually or collectively as a team.
➢ Team Player: Contributes fully to team effort and plays an integral part in the smooth running of the team. Demonstrates honesty, loyalty, and commitment.
McAvoy is an employer of choice for people from different backgrounds and seeks to promote respect for the individual and equality of opportunity. We passionately believe that everyone should be treated solely on the basis of personal merit and contribution throughout their career with the Company. The diversity of our people, their skills and abilities are the strengths that help us achieve our best