Location Lisburn, Northern Ireland
Closing Date Friday 6h August 2021
Closing Time 5pm
Join our winning team and find out why we are an employer of choice.
We are seeking to recruit a SHEQ Adviser on a full-time permanent basis located at our Lisburn facility.
The role will include responsibility for the operational implementation of SHEQ policy and procedures within the Group, reporting to our SHEQ Manager.
To apply for this position, email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Advice, guidance and support to site and factory management, staff and supply chain to ensure that SHEQ system is developed and maintained on site and within manufacturing: risk assessments, aspect assessments, inspection and test plans and associated documentation
- Undertake internal audits of SHEQ system, providing advice and guidance; ensure that actions are closed out by relevant stakeholders.
- Assist SHEQ Manager to develop SHEQ Systems including environmental aspects and QA inspection formats.
- Undertake SHEQ site and factory Inspections and audits. Develop action plans and ensure actions are concluded.
- Develop and manage the Subcontractor assessment process to ensure competent sub-contractors are employed
- Develop, administrator and maintain the various SHEQ Databases which are critical in recording performance of the company
- Develop and manage Waste management process and ensure that data is captured, analysed and reported
- Prepare Safety alerts as required
- Develop appropriate Tool talks for Factory and site operatives
- Investigate/record incidents, accidents, near misses, complaints and cases of ill health
- Maintain index of all hazardous substances used on each company Facility/site/depot and maintain a register of the data sheets and COSHH assessments for the substances
- Assist with the BREAM sustainability assessment which will include reviewing BREAM assessors reports and highlighting areas to the teams where documentation and records are required to be in pace.
- Collaborate with Contracts teams to achieve the best possible results for Considerate Constructors Scheme audits.
- The McAvoy Values: Integrity, Collaboration, Agility, Responsibility and Excellence - at the heart of everything that you do and how you do it
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment
- Work with the wider McAvoy Team to effectively represent and grow the business and contribute to the culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Carry out other duties that are consistent with the job holder’s knowledge and skills and are necessary for the satisfactory completion of contracts and to assist the company in achieving its goals and objectives
- Must be able to demonstrate experience in H&S, EMS and QMS processes and procedures within the construction and/or manufacturing industry.
- Possess as a minimum NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Strong communication skills in order to positively engage with employees at all levels
- Effective presentation and training skills with the ability to translate legislation and procedures into everyday language
- Must be able to travel 4 days per week within GB.
- Demonstrate knowledge and of experience of BREAM and Considerate Constructors Scheme.
- Environmental Management and Construction related qualification.
- Experience in Safety Management.
- ISO Management System experience