Inspiring better futures
Following an extensive design and engineering programme in collaboration with Queen’s University Belfast, McAvoy has developed a steel-framed offsite building solution for the residential sector to help address the severe shortage of new homes and affordable housing.
This modular housing system has the inherent flexibility to construct:
- Multi-storey apartments
- Detached homes
- Semi-detached houses
- Terraced homes.
The offsite building system has been developed for all housing tenures:
- Affordable homes
- Market sale
- Student accommodation
- Emergency housing.
Why Consider an Offsite Housing Solution?
An entire house can now be assembled in just one day
There is a severe shortage of affordable homes in the UK and homelessness continues to increase year on year. There is a lack of skilled labour in construction, compounded by Brexit, and the building industry still has a poor delivery record for completions on time, on budget and to the required standards.
The McAvoy smart offsite approach to the construction of new homes will:
- Reduce build programmes by at least 50 per cent
- Allow earlier occupation for public sector housing providers
- Generate a faster return on investment for private developers
- Use highly efficient factory processes for greater certainty of completion on programme and on budget
- Deliver higher quality construction
- Meet Lifetime Homes standards
- Improve safety on site by moving construction and fitting out into a controlled factory environment
- Use a light gauge steel frame for a more consistent supply compared to CLT.
New Innovations in Modular Housing
Features of the new offsite housing solution include a number of industry firsts:
- An innovative floor construction created using highly sustainable recycled material – an alternative to energy-intensive concrete – and offering excellent thermal performance and acoustic properties
- A highly flexible building system with a wide range of façade treatments, roof options such as flat or pitched, and module configurations, including offset modules for further design variation
- A roof module pre-tiled in the factory, which is safer, faster and avoids work at height and in poor weather conditions
- Bespoke housing designs can be developed
- A library of standardised layouts is available to help developers reduce design time for planning and cost.
Independently Certified Performance for 60 Years
The McAvoy modular housing solution has the reassurance of independent accreditation from BOPAS, the Buildoffsite Property Assurance Scheme.
This certification is the industry benchmark for quality and durability. It provides invaluable assurance to lenders and investors that the McAvoy steel-framed building system will deliver consistent performance for at least 60 years.
A Full Range of Services for Improved Quality Control
McAvoy works as principal contractor on its housing projects. This means that developers and housing providers benefit from a fully seamless service, improved quality control, cost management, and simplified procurement. The McAvoy offsite housing team will be responsible for:
- Planning approvals
- Site preparation and groundworks
- Building manufacture
- Offsite fitting out – including kitchens, bathrooms, doors, windows, partitions, M&E services and flooring if required
- Landscaping and infrastructure.
An Award-winning Approach to BIM and Digital Construction Technology.
McAvoy is an award-winning pioneer in digital construction technology. The Group was the first offsite specialist to be accredited to BIM Level 2 and uses the latest virtual reality techniques to enhance customer engagement at the design stage for more informed decision making and efficient construction processes.
We fully support the Government’s new Digital Built Britain strategy, which builds on the achievements of the BIM Level 2 programme to plan new infrastructure more effectively, build at lower cost and operate and maintain those buildings more efficiently.
An Offsite Contractor with a Proven Track Record
McAvoy has been delivering modular buildings in a wide range of sectors for nearly 50 years – from schools and hospitals to offices and airports. It is a long-established offsite manufacturer and a financially stable business with highly transferable skills and a proven track record.
The Group adopts a positive and collaborative approach to all its projects. Its teams understand the needs of its customers and aims to work as a genuine partner at every stage to make the design and delivery of each project straightforward and easy to manage.
Delivering Production Capacity to Meet Demand
McAvoy has existing capacity readily available to meet the increasing demand for its offsite housing system and using its highly skilled labour and flexible production facilities that are already in place. The Group is also advancing plans to further expand capacity to meet the future growth in demand for modular housing solutions.
Take a Look at One of our Factory-built Homes BELOW!