Highlights of 2018
2018 has been a fantastic year for The McAvoy Group – we have won awards, participated in numerous high-profile conferences, delivered some exceptional buildings, expanded into the residential sector and have contributed to the national debate about the wider use of offsite construction.
None of this would have been possible without our talented teams across the business, our brilliant supply chain partners and all our enlightened clients who have recognised the value of offsite construction. An enormous thank you to you all.
Here are some of our highlights:
- February – we received wide acclaim for the Lynch Hill Enterprise Academy – one of the UK’s largest ever modular schools and delivered 17 weeks ahead of programme
- March – we announced record financial results and a 10 per cent growth in turnover
- June – proud to have delivered a new passenger terminal at Dublin Airport – the
largest single span modular building to date in Ireland and the UK
- July – we supported and contributed to the House of Lords Science and Technology
Committee report which called for greater use of offsite
- September – we announced our expansion into offsite housing – from foundations to occupation in just 7 days
- October – we were awarded our first contract in the residential sector. The first offsite housing scheme to be built in Northern Ireland
- November – our largest healthcare project to date starts on site – a £15m contract at Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital
- December – we won a national business award for our pioneering work in digital construction and our second this year.