Building Services Engineer
Closing Date Friday 31st May 2019
Closing Time 5pm
- Lead on M&E project delivery from outline pre-contracts design stage to final project handover ensuring optimum M&E solution is provided.
- Manage M&E programme and on-site M&E installation to ensure contract is delivered on schedule, with excellent quality and within budget.
- Ensure subcontractors design, co-ordinate, install and commission the building services in line with current legislation, industry standards and the Employers Requirements, including provision of safe access and maintenance at completion.
- Prepare and approve inspection and test plans, monitor and report on the quality of installation.
- Ensure technical and drawing submittals are issued, approved and equipment procured in line with the programme.
- Review design information for adequacy, compliance, buildability and value engineering opportunities.
- Collaborate with QS Division to select and retain first-rate M&E sub-contractors
- Maintain all technical files, including design queries and RFI process.
- Maintain professional and positive relationships with Clients, designers, utility providers, statutory authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Manage post contract M&E defects process
- Expert knowledge of M&E services, including relevant legislation and understanding of its application to ensure compliance and excellence
- First class communicator with proven ability to manage sub-contractors effectively
- Relevant third level qualification
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Previous experience within the Education and Healthcare sectors and/or housing and student accommodation would be advantageous but not essential